Saturday, February 28, 2015

Personal Statement Do I still want to be a '' Teacher '' ?

   To tell the truth: No !

Actually I want to tell you my decision. Hopefully you will understand me:)
For me in this world, the most importan tthing is ''RESPECT''. This is the first rule, you should be respectful of older people. However, in my opinion, to respect  everyone shoul not be the hardest thing but we see it everywhere. To illustrate, in our life; at schools for each level;  primary, highschool, univesity.. students' personality has differences .The deep of this issue actually comes from their family education and backgraund. I witness so many event when I was at the primary school and high school . when my friends argue with our teacher unjustly I always take to task them seriously because from my childhood I do emphaty.Thus, when my friends make fun of teacher or argue with any of them, I was always thinking like If this teacher was my mother or father.. I even do not want to think about this situation but this is in our life. Do you remember the event you have been in the classroom ? Of course, you remember. This is the most important reason why I do not want to be a teacher. I do not think that I can be calm down if I face to face some event like I have saw. As I am a nervous and moody person, I think this work is not appropriate for me.

Now, then let me tell you about why I chose this department '' English as a Language Teacher ''.
First of all before the exam which we apply for the University. I was in English department class in the High School. Okay, you will ask why I chose this department.For a little bit background for this is that as I mentiont above that I hated history then my biology was not good and I was hearing about how phsics is hard to learn I was afraid of studying the mathematical part and as I do not have any tendency to learn history I did not  chose the verbal class and from my teenages I tend to speak English to communicate with my foreign friends from dance school they were from America and also I was not afraid of making grammar mistakes during my speaking. When I was at 9th class, I was the only person who loves English and at the end of the year I decided  to study what I like. From 10th to the end of 12 I thought that I am going to study on translation and interpretation . after the high school we applied for  the University exam and my score was not enough to study translation and interpretation then I did not know I am going to do but I was determined that I am not going to prepared for the exam again and my father insisted me to study this department and he told me the prestige of Middle East Technical University. Then I decided to come here to do my best.


On the other hand, I am a good adopter what I mean is I can teach very well with some clues and certain ways to remember the knowledge.However again I say no one can predict my mood.It is not known when I am gonna be nervous  and I can laugh when I argue with someone. Thus being a teacher might be little risky for me . Who loves a moody teacher ?


The other part that why I do not want to be a teacher is that working under the government schools need to give an  exam again and there I do not want to make my knowlegde stable or I do not want to loose my knowledge. Here '' METU '' is not an easy University to graduate when we compare with other Universities. The highest position in the government schools is again being a teacher or the director of the school.


Last part of my story continious .. As an advantage of my bilingual mother tongues, I want to use them in my life. After my birth my mother taught me Romanian, she spoke with me untill 5 just Romanian after that my father starts to talk to me Turkish.English is also in my life and it will go on and also I satrted to learn İtalian and I go to Italy every summer since 2 years and I have to try to talk Italian there  because really almost no one speaks English. Actually it is not hard to learn it as Romanian  and Italian languages are sister languages. In my first year on departmant I started to take German course and this is the fourth semester that I take it and also I am succesfull on it . For these reasons I want to be in communication with people to use them and I think this is an advantage for me to working as ambasadors . I mentiond above that I give importance to prestige.

But besides these, I know, after the graduation, English Language as a Teacher will be one of my bracelet that I can use whenever I want. Hopefully you understand me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment