Saturday, March 28, 2015

Designing Instructional Activities: Differentiated Instruction

Taking risk is the key of success because risk supply opportunities to explore our talents. In the video I watched accorging to Chris, considering childrens' particular strength when planning instruction is essentiala and I agree with her idea. The idea seperating students according to their levels also help to the Instruction . When they observe the students' ability, the task which they will prapare for students will be done according to their level. Otherwise, same task may cause students to be confuse. During supporting their students to take risk, they expect them to explore themselves in some ways such as their strangeness and weakness .Thus not only students but also Instructor will know that which subject they are good at. Without taking risk the Instuctor does not discover the students' talent. Also if Instructors encourage learners in which area they are good at, they may be more willing and enthusiastic about it. Determination is the most important issue on students. When they are quit determined and confident the rest will come and continue easily.

I was in the high school and I had a teacher who built on my strengths. She encouraged me to develop my language skills and she helped me by correcting my mistakes teaching me in different ways and perspectives.She was young and we all actually loved her. Every time even if I do mistakes, she encouraged me to try my best and do the better. This kind of Teachers make me feel safe and powerfull. Thanks to her I loved to interest in languages . She was as if telling stories about a girl who managed to be a teacher and her background was full of failure . Although these what she experienced she could be a teacher but this all was according to her. Eventually before we graduated, she told us that everytime she talks about the unsuccesfull girl actually was she . İnspiration of her story is quit enough for everyone to try the best.

If I will be a teacher, I will suppose my students to take risks as even taking may have a negative results, it may result in advantages and have pozitive  results. Without taking risk, the acchievement that students expect is impossible . Taking risk is safer than not taking because you can not know wheater you will achieve or not. Thus it affect being open-minded also. I would recommend my students to taking risk if they want to be rewarded .

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alev, I really liked and agree on the part that you mentioned "if Instructors encourage learners in which area they are good at they may be more willing and enthusiastic about it" thats totally correct, and that was also the best part that i liked in the video but i don't agree on the idea that taking risks that causes negative results should be taken.because I think risks are taken smartly. I really liked your post , keep it up nice work, WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sefacan thank you for your kind recommend! :)
      I think taking risk smartly mostly works :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Alev, in general I agree with you. we can not reach the succes if we are take risk, but what if really negative results occurs when you encourage your students even the risk has negative results while you are expecting possibility of positive results? what would you in that situation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alev...I liked your post and I agree with risk taking. However, close to what Burcu says, I am not sure if everyone is the "risk taking type". I definitely think that taking risks is a bold and sexy move :) However, what do you think some of the conditions, cases that might lead someone to take risks ? Or is risk taking something that is done for a grade or outcome really ? Maybe risk taking is standing up for what you believe in, and if the teacher doesn't get that...then it is sad :)

    ReplyDelete